Indicates the current state of the Page. Statuses include Draft, Live, Scheduled, Ended, Archived, and Inactive
Status indicating the Page Version that is currently published
Status indicating the Page Version is no longer published
Status indicating the Page Version is scheduled for publication at a specific date & time
Status indicating the Page / Page Version is not currently active. Archived Pages and Page Versions are not visible in the active XM pages list.
Status indicating the Page Version has been deactivated and is not currently published. Scheduled versions will not go live while the page is Inactive.
Acronym for Create, Read, Update and Delete. These are common web publishing operations.
Path to a page excluding domain name, i.e. /home, /product/sofa, /category/sofas, etc.
XM Pages is organized into three sections. Click on the tabs within the Pages module to view the pages and page types that you've created. The numbers next to the tab titles indicate the object count within each section.
- All Pages: List of all non-archived pages; this is the default tab
- Page types: List of all active page types
- Archived: Pages and page versions that are not currently active. These pages will not go live, even if they are scheduled
Use the Search field to quickly find a particular Page or Page Type. Search results will be applied across all tabs.
Use the Filter by dropdown to limit pages shown based on Page Type. The filter is only applied to pages or in the All Pages tab.
The first step in creating a Page in XM is defining the Page Type. Page Types help organize your content and its prefix can be used for dynamic routing on the commerce front-end. Page Types segregate similar pages in a common Page Type folder.
Once you have a Page Type, you can create a Page. The Pages you build in XM Editor can be published to Storefront to create digital experiences for your customer.
- Navigate to the Page Overview
- Click Add New
- Select Page Type option
- Complete Page type name and Prefix fields
- Click Save
- Click Add New
- Select Page option
- Populate fields in the dialog box
- Select Page type
- Page name
- Page version name (i.e. Holiday Homepage)
- URL (using Relative URL)
- Optional: Add Page SEO and Metadata
- Click Save
Create, read, update, delete
Note: Pages are Active by default
Note: Edit will open the page version in Editor
Note: Give your copy a unique Page version name
Note: To close the preview click the Close Arrow at the top left corner
- Click on page level menu (three dots)
- Click Archive and confirm in the pop up
Note: Archived Pages / Versions will be moved to the Archived section
- Switch from Pages to Archived at the top of the screen
- Click on page level menu (three dots) of the Page / Version you want to unarchive
- Click Unarchive and click Confirm in the pop up
Note: Unarchived Pages / Versions will be moved to the Pages section
Last update: May 14, 2021