An attribute group is a concept that allows merchants to collect various attributes together. An attribute group must have a minimum of 1 attribute. It is not mandatory to create attribute groups to create vendor records, but using attribute group makes it easier to manage large volume of information in PIM Vendor Manager.
In each attribute group, attributes can be added under 4 different types.
- Editable - These attributes are defined as editable inside a particular group. Users will be able to add value for these attributes inside that group when they land on the Vendor Detail Page. One attribute can be part of only one attribute group as an editable attribute.
- Read Only - These attributes are added to a group for users to read the values. They will not be able to edit the values for these attributes but can see that if the value has been provided in another group.
- Workflow - These attributes are consumed by Fabric Workflow to power decision processes and next steps for the users. If you haven’t subscribed to Fabric Workflow you can ignore this type.
- Impacted Attributes - These attributes are also used by Fabric Workflow to power the status of the item. If you haven’t subscribed to Fabric Workflow you can ignore this type.
Select Settings in the left column then select Attribute Groups. Next, click the Create attribute button on the Create vendor attribute page.
A list of available attribute groups will be displayed.
Select Create Attribute Groups and enter the following information.
- Attribute group title - mandatory and unique
- Description - optional
- Priority order - Mandatory and unique. Starting from 0 for the first group.
You can add attributes to any or all 4 sections of the group by selecting Add attributes, selecting the desired attribute checkbox(s) and selecting Add. Each attribute can only be added to one of the 4 groups. NOTE: Adding at least one attribute is required to create a group.
- Read Only
Drag and drop to rearrange the order of attributes inside the group. This order decides where an attribute appears inside the group on the Vendor Detail Page on both the edit and view screens. Click Save when complete.
Select Settings in the left column then select Attribute Groups. A list of available attribute groups will be displayed.
Click on the attribute group you want to update and make changes to any of the details on the group. Attribute group title, Description, and Priority order can be modified.
Click Save when complete.
NOTE: Attributes can only be included in one group at a time. When one is removed from a group, it will be available for use in other groups.
Select Settings in the left column then select Attribute Groups. A list of available attribute groups will be displayed. Click on the attribute group you want to delete.
Click the Delete button on the attribute group page.
Confirm by clicking the Delete button in the dialog box. All attributes of the deleted group will be moved to the Other group.
Last update: Aug 17, 2021